- 1.498 Index: The standard plastic lens lens. An excellent alternative to heavy and brittle glass lenses.
- 1.59 Index: Polycarbonate lenses are ten times stronger, 34% lighter and 24% thinner than 1.498 lenses.
- 1.6 Index: These are up to 25% flatter, 25% lighter and 25% thinner than 1.498 lenses.
- 1.67 Index: These are up to 45% flatter, 45% lighter and 45% thinner than 1.498 lenses
- 1.74 Index: The thinnest plastic lenses at up to 65% thinner than standard plastic lenses.
- Trivex lenses: These are a thin, lightweight and impact resistant material which is ideal for sports spectacles, protective eyewear and for children. Trivex was originally developed for the military for helicopter windshields and jet canopies!
- Varifocal Lenses: Varifocal lenses are available to suit all budgets. The first varifocal lens were commercially available in 1922 and since then many different designs have been produced. The kodak Unique HD Varifocal lenses offer Kodak’s most advanced digital varifocal technology and includes a reflection free finish and a two year anti-scratch guarantee. The Unique HD varifocal is tailored to your specific visual requirements.
Lenses for Driving
Vista Mesh Lenses. Are part of a new generation of spectacle lenses designed to reduce eye strain and improve difficult visual situations, such as night driving.
They are a layered lens made up of a mesh filter, contrast filter and a reflection free coating. The lenses align scattered light, sharpen contrast and reduces eye strain. They have been successfully used for computer use & Night driving and other applications where people have difficulty with visual tasks. Driving Lenses are also available from Kodak & Jai Kudo.